Our Band

Our Band
On stage at the 3rd Section Nationals Finals, Harrogate 2008

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Great concert, shame about the football!

Last Sunday saw the band perform it's first concert of the year, in the grounds of the wonderfully picturesque Oxburgh Hall. It was an extremely hot June afternoon under the gazebo, with no hint of a cooling breeze. Given the temperature, the band played fantastically well, giving our appreciative audience performances of music new to our reportoire, which all went down very well. The soloists all did cracking jobs (especially Steve, depping on Euphonium), the front row switching to trumpets for a ripping rendition of 'All Night Long' was a refreshing change, as were the two Queen numbers. And a big thank you to the deps who helped us out.

The band received some great feedback afterwards from the audience, and I think we can take positives from this performance and build on them throughout the series of summer concerts. And I personally would like to play at Oxburgh Hall next year, I think it's a lovely location (even though it is 'out in the sticks' a bit - said from someone who lived in Manea for years!).

Sutton Prom next, a different beast entirely though.....

1 comment:

  1. I agree Shaun, Oxburgh Hall is a lovely place and the music was fantastic on Sunday. It was just a little piece to hot! well we would say that we are English, we are good at moaning!! but we need to be good at something we are rubbish at football and tennis!

    Had the last practice tonight for Sutton, not many people there but still it was a good night, I think I am nearly there with Silverdo, just another couple of weeks and I'll be there!! Thanks to Sally B coming along and playing it next to me so I can find my way.

    Oh and I must say unluckly to Rebecca for playing Rep in Manhatten Skyline..... the solo cornet part is awesome!

    Anyway good luck to all of us on Sunday it will be another great concert!

    ReplyDelete