Our Band

Our Band
On stage at the 3rd Section Nationals Finals, Harrogate 2008

Thursday 6 May 2010

The morning after....

Last night, I briefly mentioned the creation this blog at practise. Not too sure that everyone had heard of a blog, but I've followed this up with an e-mail today, so fingers crossed. But, we have three followers and an additional author already! Happy days!

Last night's rehearsal focused on American themed music in preparation for the Sutton Prom. Have to say, that despite not usually being my 'thing', I really liked the 'Porgy & Bess' selection. We just need to get into 'that swing' a bit more perhaps?

Amusing episodes from last night.....heavy breathing coming from the front row inbetween off-beat quavers and the innocent moth that tried to find it's way up Sue's trousers, then distracted the horn section, before meeting it's demise under Adrian's shoe!

6 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun night was had by all who attended, shame I missed it, c'mon guys lets get "in the swing" for Sutton Prom. Q: which players wallet did the moth come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not guilty, my wallet was at home as usual, gathering moths ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. please can you add this link to the list

    http://www.plane-spotter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous - strange request given this is a brass band blog....but thank you for reminding me to add plane spotting to my interests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the moth came from Adrians wallet.... that is why he was so quick to kill it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete