Our Band

Our Band
On stage at the 3rd Section Nationals Finals, Harrogate 2008

Thursday 20 May 2010

Last NIghts Rehearsal - trumpets, singing and weeds

Well what can I say, a weird rehearsal last night I thought, the summer programme is coming on and pieces like Silverado are getting better however there is a lot of work to be done. The band seems to have a good rehearsal one week and a bad one the next week, 4th place at Stevenage seems a long time ago now. The numbers were down last night so that always has an impact on the band, with the trombone section not actually existing and empty seats it is difficult to produce a balanced band.
The highlights of the night for me were, the front row bringing out the trumpets for "All Night Long", keep squeezing and the high notes will come. Richard suddenly singing for no apparent reason (what was he on?) but the best moment was: Tom going outside to spray the weeds round the bandroom (thats what its like I guess in a fast paced band like ours)
No rehearsal next week so its time to do some homework, yes homework. I have actually taken my folder home to look at, should hear an improvement by the next rehearsal - fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a strange one last night! Have to ask, what did Richard randomly burst out singing? His best Lionel Richie impersonation?
    Trumpets for the front row? What about mellophoniums for us bari's and euph's?

    Like your comment about homework Andrew. I hope to post about this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everybody has to do alot more home practice,must be very frustrating for nigel b.we have to improve after all.enjoyed all night long and silverado.although people were missing practice was nt too bad/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I wasn't there, I agree Simon. I apologise now for not being there; I have exams at work and also with the speech programme I'm on. However, the blog post that I keep mentioning will go up tomorrow, it brings together the whole practise thing and a specific mentality.

    ReplyDelete